Saturday, 28 May 2016

Eyes across a crowded room...

In my head, my life maps out like a story. Like I'm the main character in 'Callisto's marvellous life' or something. Do you ever feel like that? Like events are already planned? Let's call it 'fate' or more romantically 'destiny'.

So all this talk of destiny brings me to today, when I had one of the most fantastic and numbing experiences of my life thus far.
I went out for the day with a friend and we ended up in this little town and there was a 1940s weekend on. It was all around the train station and there was a steam train, ww2 jeeps and vehicles and even a spitfire!
Everyone was dressed up, fantastic!

So we were looking around this little vintage shop and someone bumped me from behind. He said sorry but I didn't turn around. Then I felt him trip over my foot! I turned around to say sorry and we smiled at each other. He was dressed in a soldier's uniform with hat.

My friend asked me what happened, and I told her. I said that if I wasn't involved with someone already that this would be an amazing meetcute. She turned to me and said 'i was literally about to say that'.

In the words of Adele 'it was just like a movie...'. And to top it off, as we were leaving there was a woman singing 'la vie en rose' the correct way (in French). I mean really! It was a dream I was sorry to wake from.


I loved this so much I'll be working it into my story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment