Wednesday, 29 June 2016

I love the tone that's in your laugh...

Thursday was a momentous day for the people of the United Kingdom. It was our biggest opportunity for change in many years, an opportunity we held in our hands. And we voted. All of us...well most of us. Someone once told me that you should always vote, if only to stop the crazy people getting into power. I agree. It's your right as a person but for me and many of you reading this it's also your right as a woman.
Did you know that women only earned the right to vote in 1928 (in England anyway). That's nothing compared to women in Saudi Arabia who were only allowed to vote for the first time in December 2015.

"all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".

Summer has arrived where I live. There are wild berries growing in my garden and everything is lush and alive. There have been some storms recently which brought with them warm summer rain. I love that. Afterwards it smells fresh and clean but the air is still hot.
Such magic.


When the weather is hot it makes me want to make social food. It makes me wish I had a porch and a rocking chair. I'd make a big jug of fresh lemonade, the traditional cloudy kind and nice coconut cake.

This is a song that I just can't help but love. The video as well! Don Bluth animation. It's like made for me....... Mary by the scissor sisters 

No comments:

Post a Comment