Monday, 28 November 2016

Like a memory from a dream

Well work has been good. I don't feel like a moron all of the time now.

I watched one of the films on my 'to watch list' yesterday; The French connection. I enjoyed it. Car chases, gun fights, hot headed cops. It was gritty, the protagonist Doyle is like a brutal maverick with a gung-ho attitude. It was very atmospheric but I have to say it did not captivate me the way Casablanca did. I did like Doyle's line "picking your feet in Poughkeepsie". It was like his tagline.


I once expressed a theory that finding a true connection with people would be easier if we were brains in jars. we could only differentiate by our intellectual ability and inclination, our human emotion and thoughts.

Recently there have been a couple of times that a memory that I thought that I had forgotten has come back to me because of something trivial.

It's so weird how our brains can retain information in some kind if organised system. I like to think of my brain as a room full of filing cabinets.

Scientists have been doing research into memories and have developed a concept that memories can be mapped on the brain and retrieved. It's called optogenetics. it cannot currently be used on humans but studies have been done using mice. its very interesting to read about.
Reminds me of Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

Song for today is homeward bound by Simon and Garfunkel. I love this.
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me"
I'm fascinated by his relationship with Kathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment